Ads 468x60px

domenica 6 dicembre 2015

Strange things happen: about motorcycles and nail breaks

Me for the very first time on a (small) motorcycle. Just before the tragedy!

A volte, nella vita, accadono cose strane.
Eventi che mai avresti reputato possibili diventano reali, e così ti ritrovi, alla veneranda età di 32 anni, per ragioni con cui non vi starò a tediare, a dover prendere la patente A. Senza limitazioni.
E non è proprio una cosa che ti aspettavi perché, nonostante la tua passione per i motori risalga a quando eri praticamente in fasce, hai sempre preferito le quattro alle due ruote.
E diciamocela tutta, a te in realtà la sola idea di andare su una moto ti fa cagare in mano.
Però, insomma, 'sta patente A s'ha da fare e ti devi ingegnare. Impegnarti. Muovere quel didietro. Oddio, le braccia più che il didietro.
Sta di fatto che alla prima partenza (perfetta, perché se c'è una cosa, e solo una, che sai fare è proprio partire!) senti il bolide muoversi, ti prendi una paura del demonio e freni di botta, urtando con la mano e rompendoti malamente, nella parte rosa, l'unghia del medio. E dato che la fortuna è cieca ma la sfiga ci vede benissimo, ovviamente l'unghia offesa è nella tua swatching hand.
Eppure, stoica, continui la tua lezione, con 'sto moncherino che gocciola sangue. Bene, brava, bis!
Come la metti, ora? Metti in hiatus il blog? Lo chiudi? Premi il pulsante di distruzione ed evaporazione del blog e minacci tutte le tue (ex) fedeli lettrici, ora assurte a scomode testimoni, di svuotargli nel water tutti i loro amati boccini se fanno menzione dell'esistenza del tuo blog alle generazioni future? Naaaaaaaaaah.
Dai fondo alla tua "scorta" di foto e poi ripieghi sulla Cinderella hand!
Ops. Houston, abbiamo un problema. Anzi due. In primis, in quanto portatrice (mal)sana di mano tremolante ed essendo destrorsa, ti incasini abbbbbestia a fotografarti la mano destra con la sinistra. In secundis, perché la maledetta Cinderella hand ha una bella macchia di nicotina sul dito medio (allora è lui il dito incriminato! Segni del fato?!), perché tu sei fondamentalmente una povera minchiona che non riesce a smettere di fumare.
E oltretutto, sei una minchiona che ha vaneggiato per un intero post solo per dire che ti sei rotta malissimo un'unghia. Ma d'altro canto sei una nail blogger, no? Quindi forse si tratta solo di dovere di cronaca. O di una versione particolarmente boccaccesca e caciarona dello stream of consciousness. Perché oltre che pessima motociclista e nail blogger a tempo perso, in fondo sei anche una logorroica.
Questo è quanto. O forse no. Dal prossimo post si torna a parlare (e vedere) di smalti. O forse no.
In fondo, come dicevo all'inizio, nella vita non si può mai sapere!


Sometimes strange things happen. Events that you would have never considered as possible become real and, at the grand old age of 32, you're obliged to get a type A driving licence. That means you can drive every kind of motorcycle. Including the biggest ones. 
I won't bore you with the reasons of this "need", let's only say that this wasn't exactly something that I expected because, despite my passion for motors began when I was 5 or 6 years old, I've always preferred the four to two wheels. 
And let's also say that I was (am?!) really scared by just the idea of ​​driving a motorcycle. But, in short, I need to get this type A driving licence so I have to do something. I have to fight the fear. Move my ass. Oh God, my arms rather than my backside. 
Facts are the following: when I sat for the very first time on a motorcycle, and when I did my first start (a perfect start, starts are the only things I can really do in a great way!), and the motorcycle (obviously) started to move, I was so scared that I immediately pulled the brake lever with too much "enthusiasm", hitting the lever with my hand. And then, the drama. The tragedy. I looked at my middle finger, which was hurting, and I noticed I broke very badly my nail. Just in the middle of the pink part of the nail. 
And since good luck is blind but bad luck sees very well, of course the nail offended is on my swatching hand! Just for the record, I was stoic enough to continue my lesson, even if my poor middle finger was bleeding (oddly, it didn't really hurt. It started hurting a hour later). Well, good, encore! What the hell could I do? Put my blog on hiatus? Close my blog? Press the red button of destruction and evaporation of my blog and threaten all my (former) faithful readers, now assurte to the role of uncomfortable witnesses, if they mention the existence of your blog to future generations? 
NO. No no no nono. I decided to publishe all the photos I have on my hard disk and then start to photograph my Cinderella hand! 
Ops. Houston we have a problem. Or maybe two. First-of-all, I have trembling hands and being right-handed, it's insanely difficult to take pictures of my right hand with my left hand. Secondly, my Cinderella hand has a disgusting stain due to nicotine on the middle finger (the middle finger again! It's a cursed finger!), because I'm basically an idiot who can't stop smoking. 
And moreover, I am an idiot who ranted and raved for an entire post just to say that I broke a nail. But, after all, I am a nail blogger, so maybe we can considered this post just as a record rather than a delirium. Or a particularly messy version of stream of consciousness. Because I am a bad biker, a nail blogger in my spare time, but basically I am also a talkative and long-wided person. 
And that's all. Or maybe not. You'll see a nail polish in my next post. Or maybe not. After all, as I said at the beginning of this post, in life strange and unpredictable things happen!

13 commenti:

  1. Oh no. I feel your pain :-( It always happens on my swatch hand too.....and I'm not even left handed :-| When I break a nail, I'll always cut the others to the same length and then keep blogging with shorties! Then they grow again and the same thing happens.....I'll never learn :-O

    That's good about the bike, I think I'd be too scared to learn to drive one lol. I'm happy enough in my car :-)

    Hope to see you around and quick growing :-)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. I don't have the moral strenght to cut all my nails so short, even if I know I should! :( I think I'm going to apply a tip, but I want to wait my driving licence examination, I don't know why, but I feel like it's better if I wait! Weird, I know... :D
      About bikes: I am scared too, but when you're riding your survival instinct really helps you!!!! :D

      Elimina
  2. Cmq il tipo in rotonda almeno aveva una moto fighissima per fare scuola guida! Ti direi di farti forza che manca poco, ma 2 settimane non sono poco per niente!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Io la moto figa me la sono meritata solo alla quinta guida, cioè da domenica scorsa!!! xD Sì, saranno due settimane luuuuunghe, ho tanto da migliorare! :(

      Elimina
  3. Oh, poor Cristina, this must have hurt :-(
    I don't think you should cut all your nails down as this would cause (at least to me) another pain. Where does the rule come from that all nails must be of the same length? Yes, it is quite usual but sure not a must. IMHO having one nubbin is better than having five nubbins. You can think of it as a challenge and do for example a special/different nail art on this particular nail for a while.
    I wish you luck to get your driving license examination without further (whether similar or not) problems :-)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Thank you so much for your support and kind comment, Tony!
      I agree with you, one nubbin is better than five nubbins! But I hope I can apply a fake nail or something as soon as possible!
      And I hope I'll pass my examination too, I'm a bit demoralized at the moment, it seems I never improve. :(

      Elimina
  4. Sounds like a brutal nail break! I'd wrap it so you can't see it but I'd still polish and share those nails!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. It really was! My poor nails are in a horrible condition right now... Motorcycles are brutal!!!!

      Elimina
  5. Mannaggia per l'unghia Cri, ma che fiqua sulla moto!! :D

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Sono molto fiqua (soprattutto ora sul 700!) finché sto ferma, poi parto e sembro quello che sono in realtà: un caso umano!!! xD

      Elimina
  6. Che male, povera unghia...ç_ç
    Però complimenti, non deve essere facile imparare...Tieni duro che poi farai un figurone in giro sulle due ruote ;-)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Per me non è facile, più che altro dal punto di vista psicologico, non riesco a dominare la paura! Anche il periodo dell'anno non aiuta, se non sei paralizzata dalla paura lo sei dal freddo... E non parliamo della meravigliosa visibilità data da buio+nebbia! Ma ce la farò... Spero! :D

      Elimina
  7. Mi dispiace tanto per la tua unghia, mi fa male soltanto a vedere la foto... In bocca al lupo per l'esame di guida! :-)

    RispondiElimina

Adoro leggere i vostri commenti e faccio sempre del mio meglio per rispondere a tutti! Vi chiedo la cortesia di non lasciare link/spam, se volete che legga qualcosa la mia email è a vostra disposizione! :)

Your comments made my day and I always try to reply as much as possible! Please refrain from spamming or link dropping, if you want me to visit your website send me an email! :)